Cameron’s Free Software
I’ve written a number of bits of Free Software, of greater or
- RASP’s A Sneakernet Proxy is an HTTP proxy designed to provide HTTP access to machines intermittently.
- GramoFile is a program for track splitting and filtering, intended for use with vinyl records. I prefer commandline utilities to solely interactive ones, so I made some ugly hacks to run gramofile from the commandline.
is a utility to simplify the maintenance of Unix computers.
- OctPlayer is an interface to allow Player/Stage to be controlled using GNU Octave, a language mostly compatible with Matlab.
- acslpr uses SSH to forward files to ACS,
where it prints them. Accidental duplicate printing is prevented
by logging the MD5 sum of all printed documents.
- Pagecount is a little Perl script to
count the number of pages in PDF or Postscript files. It tries to
have an interface similar to wc.
- Barcodify adds barcodes to PDF or
Postscript files, using the MD5sum and PubMed ID
number, if available. It does this when used in combination with the
- LaTeX is the only
way to generate decent scientific documents. If you want to get
started using it, you might take a look at my sample file, and its appearance.
- I created a small number of programs
for medical use, related to Magnetic Resonance Imaging. They’re
designed to work with GE MRIs, but may work with other systems.
- FreeCiv is a clone (and
increasingly an improvement over) the Sid Meier’s
Civilizations game. I have helped fix bugs in this enjoyable
project, and added a few features of my own. Recent patches might
be found here.
Linux is a port of
Linux for the Arm
microprocessor. I wrote a HOWTO
explaining the installation of Linux on this computer.
- Postcript Programming has interested me since I got an old Apple LaserWriter IINT. I wrote a
number of fractals.
- For one 2B class I needed to draw Karnaugh maps (for logic
simplification), so I wrote a Postscript
program to do this. It works only for 4 variable maps.
- I’ve never done cross stitch, but I noticed some very inefficient code to generate patterns for it. I made it generate much smaller content, much faster.
- Code for controlling Rhino robot arms.
©2005-2009 CaREMOVE THISmeron@MorAND THISland.ca